EasySite Technical Specification
EasySite is an easy to use Content Management System designed specifically for the small/medium business. The EasySite software "web application" -- ie you do not need to install any software on your PC. All you need is a web browser and an internet connection. It is available all day, every day and can be accessed any where (eg at home or while travelling).
- Simple and easy to use
- No software needs to be installed on your PC
- Works with Internet Explorer and most modern web browsers (eg Firefox)
- Works with Windows PCs, Macs, Linux and other platforms
- Can be accessed from any location with an internet connection: so you can update your site from work, home or while travelling
- Regular backups -- we backup the entire system several times a week so that you don't have to
- Choose from a menu of different templates and colour themes
- Incorporates advanced features such as a web forms, image gallery and downloadable files
- Easy to integrate with Google Analytics for state-of-the-art web traffic analysis
- Design custom web forms for inclusion in your EasySite (eg "contact us" form)
- Form submissions are sent to you via email
- Form submissions are also recorded in a database
- Receive form submission alerts via email or SMS
- Acknowledgement is sent to submitter via "thank you" page and and automatically generated email message
- All form submissions are assigned a unique reference number which can be used in further correspondence
- Support for form workflow: forms can be tagged as "new", "inprogress" or "processed".
- Download form submissions to Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet/database software
- Selected form fields can be marked as mandatory: a submitter must complete those fields
before he/she is allowed to submit the form
- Easy to use calendar widget for date entry
The image gallery feature allows images (eg photos, product pictures etc) to be uploaded and captioned. You then choose what images from your library of images feature on the gallery page. Images are automatically reduced to thumbnail and intermediate size for browsing on screen -- so you don't have to edit them with Photoshop before hand.
In addition to the information in the pages of a website it is often necessary to make large documents or other files available for download. EasySite allows you to construct a library of files which can be downloaded by a visitor to your site.
This feature is useful to make large documents, videos, forms, high resolution images available for download.